View Single Post

Old 07-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,285 Times in 5,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendog3 View Post
Several months ago I had solar panels installed on my house. I now pay almost nothing to the electric company but I pay about what I used to to the bank to pay of the loan on the panels. It will be paid for when I am 105 years old. But it is nothing out-of-pocked and I am not responsible for releasing thousands of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. If you care about global warming, you should look into it.

When I sell my house, the new owner will have to pay off the loan, but he will be buying a house with no utility bill for electricity.

No leaky roof. I suppose it could happen with a fly-by-night contractor but I used Momentem Solar.

II would definitely do it again, but I actually believe global warming is a threat to humanity and if I can to something to stop it without dipping into my pocket, I'm all in.
You did it for a nice reason but you are not responsible for releasing thousands of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. Lots and lots of other entities are supplying the vast majority of it