View Single Post

Old 07-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,785 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I would say most folks on this forum are here to educate those who refuse to wear masks, not bully them. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I think that's how the saying goes.

Masks are not to prevent a person from catching the virus. Masks are to reduce the spread of the virus. If two people are wearing masks and are talking to each other, the risk of catching the virus is very low. Add 6 feet between those two people and the risk is even less. Why not minimize the risk? FINALLY our president is advocating wearing a mask. His reason of it being patriotic is not exactly why I wear a mask but it's better than nothing, coming from the leader of the free world. I wear a mask to slow the spread and do my part to get our economy back up and running again.
Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from Two Stylists After Exposure at a Hair Salon with a Universal Face Covering Policy — Springfield, Missouri, May 2020 | MMWR

Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from Two Stylists After Exposure at a Hair Salon with a Universal Face Covering Policy — Springfield, Missouri, May 2020

Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks, no symptomatic secondary cases were reported; among 67 clients tested for SARS-CoV-2, all test results were negative. Adherence to the community’s and company’s face-covering policy likely mitigated spread of SARS-CoV-2.

2 Stylists Had Coronavirus, but Wore Masks. 139 Clients Didn’t Fall Sick. - The New York Times