View Single Post

Old 07-26-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
This has been an issue for most healthcare personal in every state. They are furloughed, not eligible for unemployment, because technically they are employed. If infected you use your own pto time, it is not workmen’s comp, since there is no proof it is work related ( could have been grocery, family, friends)

Most Of the public have no idea Since March that more than 65% of employees at medical facilities Have been out of work, and have use all personal paid time, with no income after bank is gone
I believe, without doubt, this situation has arisen because of GOVERNMENT edicts, disallowing non-essential procedures and such, and with few actual Covid cases requiring hospitalization, there is little work, which equals little pay (furlough). I am 35 year friends with a hospital medical director here in PA; he and I recently had this conversation. As with almost everything else, government creates the initial problem, then proposes the solution that sucks in money like a "black hole", ad infinitum!

But at least we can be sure that this crisis has no political underpinnings

Fred