View Single Post

Old 07-26-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I would imagine most are not wearing a mask because the mask is uncomfortable and hot. Not a good reason if you ask me.
Do I like wearing a mask...not especially. I have to wear a mask at my office when I'm away from my desk on the 3 days a week, soon to be 4, that I am working in the office. So if I want to keep working in my office, I have to wear a mask. Wearing a mask at work...better than collecting unemployment and not wearing one.

Do I like wearing a mask while shopping...not especially. But all the medical professionals I have heard in the past few months have urged people to wear a mask while out in public if social distancing cannot be maintained. That's good enough for me.

Do I like wearing a mask to the dentist or doctor's office? Not especially, but I also like to maintain my overall health during this time.

Do I like wearing a mask while visiting my 90 year old father...not especially, but I don't want to take the chance that I am asympomatic and could spread the virus to him.

Sometimes as adults we just have to "suck it up." Do the grown up thing and put the good of the general public ahead of our personal needs and desires. Kinda like observing the speed limit, stopping at red lights and stop signs. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a sheep, or so I have been told.