View Single Post

Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
GOOD sourdough bread; Gallo Salame; the great San Francisco restaurants; Top Dog in Berkeley.

Driving through the tunnel and seeing the Bay Bridge and San Francisco. San Francisco! Yosemite. Having to drive no more than 3 hours to get a complete change of countryside from beach to mountains.

Yosemite. I really, really miss the annual camping out in Yosemite and wandering wherever our feet felt like going.

Mountains. That is probably the only thing I truly hate about TV -- it is too flat. I miss my mountains.

Even so, I like living here. If I can't live in the Bay Area, this is a great second choice. I've made some wonderful friends, have met many great people and don't regret a minute of my life here, except maybe when Kathie tried to kill me.

OK - I give up, where is Top Dog in Berkeley?
On my drive home on New Year's Eve Day, I got out early and decided to have lunch at Brennan's. Got off at University and turned right on 6th and right again to get to Brennan's and it was GONE! The whole half block was cleared and they are building something new - talk about disappointment!

The most fantastic view of the the Bay and City (other that the top of Mt Tam)is the off ramp onto the Warren Fwy after leaving the tunnel!

Read recently that they are closing some of the tent cabins in Camp Curry in Yosemite Valley due to too many boulders dropping on them.

Growing up in the flat of Chicago and living in the Bay Area with the Mountains all over the place, I'll take the Mountains any day; but will enjoy the sand dunes and weather in the winters in TV and pass on the cold rainy weather in Norcal.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)