View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteToast View Post
I’ve done all the right things. I’ve isolated at home for 146 days. Now I landed in hospital. You never know what tmrw brings. I’m terrified to get it in here after all I’ve done right, I have yet to see one cleaner, and not one nurse staff or doctor has used the hand sanitizer by the when entering or leaving the room. They all touch everything in the room and never wipe a thing. I didn’t plan on being here and they won’t let me out for a few days. I could be a statistic despite doing everything right.
Another example/reason that folks need to rein back the hysteria and panic. Folks are stressed enough as it is.
Friend, what I do when I am stressed is to examine the situation. If I have exhausted all ideas and crossed them off as invalid, then I put the problem in the back of my mind and wait until the subconscious comes up with a possible solution. Stress is a killer and not healthy or helpful. You are not being negligent or callous by putting it out of your mind. Simply treat the situation as if everything is normal and that you are confident that a solution will present itself. Be positive. KNOW that you are not going to become infected just by being there. Be confident that the medical personnel know what they are doing and they are doing it right.
Do NOT listen to gloom and doomers. Let them waller in their own misery. Your being positive will be healthy and help defend you against this viral scourge.

I know every one of our fellow posters are wishing/praying for your safe recovery.