View Single Post

Old 08-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I still have a few years before I'm eligible for Medicare. Can someone explain what the "Donut Hole" is?
I'll give you my numbers which came in this July - 6 months costs:

My insurance is AARP Medicare RX United Healthcare. Part D Prescription Drug Coverage. I get paperwork from them every month showing what my drugs have cost, what they have paid and what I have paid. There are four headings on one page, Stage 1 Yearly deductible. Stage 2 Initial Coverage You begin this payment stage when you fill your first prerscription at the beginning of the year. You stay in this Stage 2 until the year to date drug costs reach $4,020.. As of 6/31/20 my year to date for 6 months is $3,424. Leaving me with just #546 in my "kitty" to pay for another six months of drugs. Hence Canadian Pharmacy comes into play.

If I had to pay for just Eliquis out of pocket it would cost me over $400 for three months, whereas Pharmstore charges me about $153 for three months. Huge savings over six months. I also have a very expensive BP med which I also buy through Canada.

I apologize if I have made this complicated, but if you have a friend who is over 65 on medicare he could show you his paperwork, everyone gets it whether you are in or out of the donut hole.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak