View Single Post

Old 08-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It may be complicated, but here is how to do it, if you have the correct connections. Check the Visio TV for an optical audio output or two RCA output connections (left and right). The RCA stereo connections may be a single 3.5 mm plugin instead. Check your soundbar for an opitcal input or two RCA input connections, or a 3.5 mm plugin. Then, buy either an optical cable or a stereo RCA cable. Connect one end to the TV and the other end to the soundbar. Go into the TV setup menu and select "external speakers". Note that I have found that some TVs will not output sound through an optical cable, so you would need to use the RCA stereo connections. If this works, the TV volume controls will control the soundbar, but you may need to leave the soundbar on all the time or turn it on and off with the soundbar remote. I would just leave it on all the time.

Another possibility is that the TV remote is a universal remote and it can be synchronized to the soundbar. Need to read the manual for that. Good luck.
I have them connected via optical cable and the TV speakers are off I’ll double check to see if I turned on the external speakers. Thx for your help.