View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
I recently purchased a Vizio TV and added an older Samsung sound bar to it. I want to control the volume of the sound bar with the TV remote. I’ve searched online and tried what was suggested without success. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? FYI-we don’t have a cable remote because we stream TV through Roku/YouTube TV.
While this doesn’t help you, it may help others. I buy only models with high reviews from Consumer Reports. All of the top ten flat screen televisions they have reviewed are either Sony or LG. All ten. Six of those are LG. Twenty-two of televisions are rated above the top-rated Vizio. There are lots of Samsungs in the top twenty, but none in the top ten. I pay no attention to advertising for televisions, as its purpose is selling things, not being honest.

I have two LG Smart TVs I bought at Sam’s Club. I’m writing to praise LG’s Smart TV Magic Remote Control. It’s the only remote control I use. Eight years, ago, when I bought my first LG, the Magic Remote was included. When I added another one three years ago, the Magic Remote was not included, but I was able to buy one on Amazon. I LOVE it. It’s like a mouse for a TV. Instead of using the mouse on a hard surface, though, you wave it in the air and the cursor appears on the tv screen. This is so much easier than having to move left or right by clicking, like some computer before the Macintosh came out in 1984. The Magic Remote has voice activation if you want it. You can just tell it what you want to find. It has fewer buttons than most remote controls because it doesn’t need them. It has everything it needs, though.

I should mention that I only have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I haven’t used it with a hundred channels. I know it will work with YouTube, too, and lots of other high-end channels through Netflix, and local tv stations with an antenna of some sort. Anything found on a Smart TV. However, if you have one, there’s a good chance that you can put away all your other remote controls. (You will still need a different one for your DVD player, if you use one.)

https://www.amazon.com/LG-MR19BA-Sma...6459834&sr=8-6