View Single Post

Old 08-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

If you;re looking for the equivalent of Trader Joe's 2 Buck Chuck, really anyplace will do. You'll see jug wines and BOGOs for ten bucks all over the place. I find ABC marginally better, but the staff not very friendly or helpful (speaking of the one on 466A Tradewinds). I've shopped a small independent store .. Kindred Spirits.. but I must emphasize small.

Absent any small specialty store that can obtain hard to find wines and spirits, I am a proponent of Total Wine and look forward to their opening on 441/27. I shopped Total Wine extensively in Atlanta, and have taken an easy ride to the Millenial Mall in Orlando twice so far (it;s right around the corner from Costco, so I kill two birds with one stone (drive)). They have great selections of domestic, French and italian Wines, and some decent ones from South America, Spain and other countries as well. Regarding spirits, the staff is knowledgeable and the selection much better than the above locals. A wide range of price points for bourbons, tequilas, vodka and scotch .. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but they have a long aisle dedicated to craft beers, with many available in quantities of one .. I think it will do well here.