View Single Post

Old 08-05-2020, 03:05 PM

Well, I have to admit, we contracted with this service as well after contacting several services to no avail. No calls back, no estimates, nothing. Then we contacted Good Neighbor Service and within 10 mins of my call, "Roy" showed up at the door. Very charming, very professional, very courteous. His prices are a bit less than some of the others. I didn't want to sign a contract OR pay up front for a year, but that's the way they do business, he says. Actually, many of the other services are the same. Anyway, long story short, we paid him by check for a full year. Within 10 mins of signing the contract (which he also signed), we had 3 guys in our yard, mowing, trimming, weeding, etc. Since then, however, it's been like pulling teeth to get service. I usually have to call and complain. Our contract is for weekly mowing. If they show up twice a month, we're doing well. I, too, have called repeatedly and asked for call backs from "Roy" with no response. He was trying to talk us into hardscaping our shrub beds and getting rid of that nasty pine straw, but under the circumstances, he's not getting another dime out of us.....and we'll certainly be looking for other lawn service at the end of our "contract" which he's in breach of numerous times. It's rather dismaying to know there's no help from the BBB or any of these other consumer protection places for this kind of stuff. Clearly, things haven't changed down here in Florida since we lived here back in the 90s when we experienced the same thing!!!