View Single Post

Old 08-06-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitth View Post
I will be moving to The Villages from Nazareth, PA soon, and look forward to golf all year round. I’ve been looking at a new 2 seater Yamaha golf cart. However, we thought maybe a 4 seater would be more practical as a multi-use vehicle for getting around. My question is having a 4 seater practical for use on a golf course? If so, what options are best for this golf cart, especially for use on the golf course?
For 7 years, I owned a 4 seater Yamaha, extended roof with rear facing seats. It annoyed me every day I drove it. The cart bounced unmercifully over every tiny bump. I memorized every lump and uneven spot in all the roads I frequented so I could drive around them or slow down to 8 MPH.

Initially, I was told the suspension could be changed for a less bumpy ride, but that was not recommended for when 4 people are in the cart. I suffered 2 years then decided to go ahead and have the suspension changed only to be told, “they will not do that!”

So, I lowered the tire pressure from (whatever it was supposed to be) down to 20 psi, then 10 psi, and finally to 8 psi, in order to get a slightly smoother, tolerable ride.

After 5 more years, I decided to trade it in for a Yamaha 2 seater and RENT a couple 4 seaters when company comes. Don’t know why it took me so long to figure that out! Using golf clubs was also an issue but that could be done.

Before you decide on a 4 seater, drive it over several bumps and see the difference between the ride of a 2 seater. At least then, you’ll know what you’re willing to tolerate.