Thread: Samsung S-7
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
The problem--Won't turn on and stay on. Battery shows 100%. Won't do anything if it's not plugged in. I wonder if there's a "hard reset" that I could do. This model has a non-replaceable battery. If I buy a new phone, I wonder if I can transfer all the old phone's information to the new one, if the old one won't turn on. I guess this is just a speed bump in life. Thanks for listening to me ramble.
The battery can be replaced. I would suggest contacting Gizmo Depot, 352--641-0435, or any other place that replaces cell phone batteries. If the phone works when it is plugged in, the data can be transferred to another phone. But, if you do a factory reset, you will lose all of the data. If you have a Windows 10 computer, you can download an app called "Smart Switch". Then, you just open Smart Switch and plug the phone in to the computer, and it will backup everything on the phone. Very easy.

Note: If you buy a new phone, install the Samsung Smart Switch app onto both phones, and then you can transfer the data from the old phone to the new one wirelessly. This also works with a Samsung tablet. I regularly transfer data from my Samsung phone to my tablet using the Smart Switch app.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 08-07-2020 at 12:02 PM.