View Single Post

Old 08-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts
Default Agree! or Don't disagree with anything you typed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
If you read EUA (if you can) from Microsoft, they have the right to everything on your computer and the cloud.

Yes, Google tracks sites (to make the experience better) but I trust them far more than MS.

Of course if you want REAL security, use Linux. No one tracks you on Linux since there is no Linux corp. The code is open source, which means you can look at the code and decide if you want to use it or not (you can even modify it for yourself).

Linux is far safer than Windows as it (almost) never gets a virus. (Mostly big business are the targets).

Most web sites run on Linux, IBM paid $34 BILLION for a company that promotes Linux (Redhat).

I use a Chromebook 99% of the time, but I feel very safe using my Linux Mint PCs.
when the computer has an issue, the question becomes how self reliant is the purchaser? Which is why its hard to tell to give a proper answer. Browsing, email, etc, may all be easy with Linux, don't know, but are there any configurations needed to be done which the user won't understand or will need help to set up? Same with MS. . . so that's why the simplicity question/answer may end up with a chrome book.

Now mating with Microsoft is like mating with a black widow spider, bu why one would trust google more than MS, not sure i would trust either. . . . both are corporations with profit motives, which means risk. . or you are the product!

sportsguy