View Single Post

Old 08-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This person may NOT be talking about "THE VILLAGES HEALTH CARE" but just health care in The Villages. There are many, many, many doctors here that are not part of THE VILLAGES HEALTH CARE.

I am a "doctor snob" in that our youngest was born with a very serious and unusual heart defect as well as other things that go along with Williams Syndrome (including being VERY kind and CHARMING). We soon learned that we needed the best care in the REGION, not just the State. We went to The Cleveland Clinic for her original diagnosis when we lived in Indianapolis and then we moved to Cincinnati where Cincinnati has been in the top three for Children's Hospitals for the last fifty years.

People always get angry with me when I say that the State of Florida is way down the list for EXCELLENT health care with a few spots being VERY GOOD. Gainesville and Tampa both have teaching hospitals.

That said, The Morses have given us a damned good Health Care System and I think our Dr. Rizzi is an excellent PCP. We had two other physicians before ending up in The Villages Health Care System which is not available to everyone, just those with certain insurance.

There are some mighty dicey M.D.s and Dentists floating around in Florida and I often wonder who checks their licensing requirements.
I know that at least one of the doctors that post on this forum has chosen our excellent Dentist group owned by Dr. Kathleen Williams. She is the best dentist we have ever consulted in my opinion.