View Single Post

Old 08-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Hello all,

My wife and I are planning to move down in about 6 months. I asked my Villages salesperson about a VA loan for a new home. He told me the new homes go up too fast to comply with the VA inspection process, thus no VA loans for new homes.

I found this to be an odd statement. I wondered if the salesperson was looking to profit from me using his bank vs mine.

Thoughts?

PS I searched for this information on this site but got no results
We bought a resale and considered VA, but then we talked to Citizens First Bank. Tracy Simpson was our Mortgage Loan Officer, and she was FABULOUS! We got a couple of discounts, and excellent service from her, and the others in her office. She is located in the offices at 950 Lake Sumpter . Her phone number is 352 259 3249, email TracySimpson@MyCitizensFirst.com . Make sure you tell her you are a veteran. Also, we initially contacted USSA for oue insurance. Their quote seemed high, so, once we met and went with Tracey, she introduced us to Liz/Elizabeth . I don't remember the name of the company, and my husband isn't home, but she found major issues during discovery of the 1st house we were 10 days before closing on, and we were able to walk, free and clear. Tracy would be able to tell you how to contact her, I think. Best to you on this journey!