View Single Post

Old 09-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,265 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I have NOT watched one minute of Baseball, Basketball, team sports this year. Only Golf. Was really looking forward to Pro Football, esp with Brady now in Tampa Bay. I even bought a Brady/Tampa Bay jersey. Was hoping that Goodell would stay out of the fray and pandering - NO! (anyone want the jersey?). Really not sure if I will watch NFL games now. Why must EVERYTHING be so POLITICAL??? (BTW, pls no political comments or Mods will delete...).

-----------------------
NFL teams will add symbols to their end zones and helmets this season as part of a leaguewide effort to make clear its commitment to social justice.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that teams will stencil two phrases into the backs of their end zones — “End Racism” and “It Takes All of Us” — this season. Additionally, he said players will be allowed to wear helmet decals “bearing the names of the victims” of police violence and systemic racism.

MORE>

NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push - Chicago Sun-Times
I will tune OUT the NFL - again - this year.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else