View Single Post

Old 09-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I In my past life, keeping up with my roots required a 3-step process — retouch at the roots — foils for highlights (highlights that looked like threads, not stripes) and adding clear for shine.

If I am understanding all that correctly, I think what happens is the bleach used for the highlights roughs up the cuticle of the hair but then the clear calms it down and restores shine.

I don’t know for sure if that’s how that process works. But I do know that a gifted hairstylist has to be part artist and part chemist.

It took a lot of work to not look like I had a dye-job.

A couple of years ago, I started having the highlights brought up lighter and lighter. That was when I started having my brows tinted with a little of the base color that was used for the root retouch. My eyebrows had been quietly turning white so my hairstylist talked me into letting her color them. I am glad she did.

I will continue with the brow-tinting, even if I let my hair go natural. One concern I have had about going natural is that I will look washed out. The brow tinting seems like it helps the eye area to be more defined — especially after I put on a little eyeliner and mascara. Who remembers putting on eyeliner and mascara? (sigh)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-03-2020 at 09:06 AM.