View Single Post

Old 09-05-2020, 11:32 AM
Cool Culture in the Villages

I have visited the Villages and have been considering retiring there so I have been following the posts closely now just to get a feel for mind set of this community.

I must ask....why is everyone so nasty? Why do people feel so entitled to attack others who dare to have a different opinion? It is fine to disagree, as we all have a right to state our opinion, but why must it be in such a vicious way?

It is such a turn-off.
I am a born and bred NYer so I am fluent in sarcasm but this degree of nastiness is offensive even to me.

I am interested in the new apartments because I am a woman alone and do not want the trouble of keeping up a house.
I am not white trash. I have an advanced degree from an Ivy League school.
I have a healthy income and retirement fund.
So, I might actually be an asset to your community.....I will not bring you down just because I live in an apartment.
But if I am going to be made to feel like crap simply because I chose to live in an apartment....I really don't need that! I will be retired. I want to enjoy!!!! Not listen to bitterness and prejudice.

So, if any of you now want to make a snarky remark because "I have an advanced degree from an Ivy League school" or because "I am a woman alone" or because of anything else you would like to pick out of this post and ridicule, just save it.....I am not interested in such ignorance.

You are in a playland. Go out and enjoy instead of sitting home and ruminating over trivial things and then spewing venom