View Single Post

Old 01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Sage

I'll answer what I can from my knowledge as a TV visitor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
Being new to TO TV please excuse me if this has been addressed in another thread:

Who may play at TV country clubs? Are they open just to persons with a TV number or can a person who lives outside the community call and make a tee time? They are open to public but the price structure is different depending on your residency status, priority membership etc.

If you are playing with other like-minded, friendly neighbors (other "Villagers") in an atmosphere of common "membership" in the country clubs, to which you can drive to in your golf cart and use your own golf cart on the course, that, to me would be preferable to going "off-campus" to save a few bucks. Myself, I'm looking to live an uncomplicated lifestyle. Seems to me getting the priority membership and paying a trail fee would be the way to go. Trail fee is included in the priority membership fee. I agree on the lifestyle comment but I wouldn't rule out visits to nearby courses or a nice day trip to Orange County National for example.

My regular foursome has taken regular golf trips in March to play in the Orlando area (Kissimmee, really) for the last several years.

Are the best TV courses equal to, say, Falcon's Fire or Orange County National or Mission Inn or Champion's Gate or Celebration or Grand Cypress or the Disney courses? We averaged $100/round at the courses we played last year. Certainly not the standard of Champion's Gate or Orange County or Grand Cypress - I have not played the others and I've only played on two of the TV courses. But not as expensive either.

I've also played Swiss Fairways and Palisades. They were $25-$30, and were OK, but were nothing to write home about. I know the greens fee at Remington in Kissimmee includes some food, but that's a heck of a drive from TV. Orange County National greens fees used to include lunch, but they stopped that as of January 2008. I'd rather drink my lunch after golf anyway

BTW, can you walk the Championship courses or must you use a golf cart? You can walk (I think), use your own cart or rent one.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 01-15-2009 at 01:59 PM.