View Single Post

Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
Being new to TOTV please excuse me if this has been addressed in another thread:

Who may play at TV country clubs? Are they open just to persons with a TV number or can a person who lives outside the community call and make a tee time?

If you are playing with other like-minded, friendly neighbors (other "Villagers") in an atmostphere of common "membership" in the country clubs, to which you can drive to in your golf cart and use your own golf cart on the course, that, to me would be preferable to going "off-campus" to save a few bucks. Myself, I'm looking to live an uncomplicated lifestyle. Seems to me getting the priority membership and paying a trail fee would be the way to go.

My regular foursome has taken regular golf trips in March to play in the Orlando area (Kissimmee, really) for the last several years.

Are the best TV courses equal to, say, Falcon's Fire or Orange County National or Mission Inn or Champion's Gate or Celebration or Grand Cypress or the Disney courses? We averaged $100/round at the courses we played last year.

I've also played Swiss Fairways and Palisades. They were $25-$30, and were OK, but were nothing to write home about. I know the greens fee at Remington in Kissimmee includes some food, but that's a heck of a drive from TV. Orange County National greens fees used to include lunch, but they stopped that as of January 2008.

BTW, can you walk the Championship courses or must you use a golf cart?
I have never seen anyone walking the Championship courses... that is an excellent question because I prefer to walk... I hope we get an answer and I hope it is OK to walk them.... I assumed one couldn't