View Single Post

Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Many people posting on this thread keep referring to the high prices they paid when they were living in their pre-retirement State. Granted, the prices were higher there. This is a retirement community. People are lured here by low prices. Unfortunately, the prices are no longer lower than outside courses. I came here 7+ years ago and the hype was that you could play the Championship Courses for a dollar a hole ($18). Seven + years later, no such thing exists. If you think $56 to play Palmer is OK now, wait a few years when your income is a bit lower than it is now. You, too, will be complaining that prices are too high. They get you here, and, then WHACK you with price increases. Pity the poor golfers in the Historic Side of 441 who were lured here with free to just plain cheap golf. In just 7 short years I and my spouse have been priced out of the golf game on Championship courses. Thank God for the Executive Courses. If not for them, we would never play golf again. Each year higher income newbees move into the Villages thinking that things are cheap, only to find a few years later that the even higher income people moving in are finding that ever increasing prices are reasonable for them. Hang around, you satisfied golfers, unless you hit Power Ball, you, too, will be complaining in a couple of years.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV