View Single Post

Old 09-09-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Since it looks like we're going to be choosing a homesite and building a house, I'd love to hear from those of you that went through the process.

Your overall impression of the process. What is the process? How long did it take from start to finish? How long to pick all your finishes? How flexible are they to customization? What were some of your concerns during the process?
Granite during the build or after? Appliances? Window coverings?

Let me hear it all. I love details.
We built less than a year ago and we were pleased with the process. We were assigned a designer who we met us at The Street of Dreams and guided us through the process. We were done in less than 5 days (not full days). Make sure you have your model picked out and decide if you want to do any stretches. As far as interior and exterior finishes go, tour as many models and open houses as you can and write down your favorite things in each. The designer can look that up and do the same for you. You may even find one that you want to copy completely and that really speeds things up. We were pleased and impressed with the abundance of selections and the overall knowledge of our designer. Relax and have fun. You’ll be in your new house before you know it!