View Single Post

Old 09-09-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Since it looks like we're going to be choosing a homesite and building a house, I'd love to hear from those of you that went through the process.

Your overall impression of the process. What is the process? How long did it take from start to finish? How long to pick all your finishes? How flexible are they to customization? What were some of your concerns during the process?
Granite during the build or after? Appliances? Window coverings?

Let me hear it all. I love details.
I built recently and was extremely disappointed with the quality of the workmanship and list of items that needed to be fixed
I was told all these items would be taken care of during the one year warranty period however each item required an appointment with up to a four hour window
There were holes in the ceilings, grout covering the tile spacers, pieces of flooring missing, broken countertops, and a long list of obvious defects
If I did it again I would hire a home inspector and delay closing until the house is “finished”
I would take the inexpensive carpet and countertops, buy my own appliances. After closing I would rent while my contractors installed granite counters and tile floors
It will cost much less and you will control the quality of the workmanship