View Single Post

Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default For the most part, we three LOVE TV. It is 99% perfect!!

I love so many things about the villages, but one of my favorites is the beauty of it all. Most homes aren't large, in fact none are gigundous, but the beautiful well kept landscaping is a treat to the eyes. I understand where Sabr is coming from, but I appreciate the restrictions, because then everywhere you look it is beautiful to see. Having lived in two neighborhoods where there were restrictions, we are used to rules. I know that some people can be enthusiastic about adding items to their yards until it is very overdone and not pleasant to look at and that can destroy the beauty of their neighbors view. I also know that those same people find their selections lovely and are confused as to why they would be limited. I wear hearing aids and if I were to play music on the lanai to a level enjoyable to me, I would and should be turned in for disturbing the peace.

I don't like the wild crazy driving in The Villages that I have seen NO WHERE else! And I miss the grocery store chain I loved back home; Krogers. There is also no Michaels nearby and no place to buy artists supplies. I don't like that you have to spray your home so bugs and termites don't come to join you, but that is all of the tropics. I don't like that you can't trade appliances in the already built homes in TV before you buy them. There is NO negotiating and it looks like I am stuck with a dumb refrigerator with a top freezer that makes my back ache when I am getting something off the bottom shelf.

Not too much to complain about and certainly not up there with the economy and world peace.