View Single Post

Old 09-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,062 Posts

I have been in the Villages since June of 2005 and much has changed in that period. Some of the neighbors we had then are still around and maybe a third have moved away for various reasons like one couple had their grand daughter murdered at the Valentine's Day shooting at Parkland HS. They moved to be closer to some of their family. Not the ones in the Miami area.

Still a touchy subject with the neighbors.

Some subjects I just avoid as much as possible. Some things though are hard to talk about without getting emotions up. Like the Parkland shootings and some of these tragedies before and after that. And what might be done to prevent these from continuing to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
And this is Florida’s Friendliest Home Town. I’m not sure to end this sentence with a question mark or an exclamation point. Maybe both? I am beginning to wonder weather the statement “America’s Friendliest Town” applies any more? I just moved here and have seen the best and worst in people. I go out of my way to wave and say hi to people many respond and many give me the cold shoulder. As for expressing yourself weather verbally or with a banner or sign I agree that I will defend a person’s right to do so. Would I do it, probably not. But I feel that as passionate as I may be about a topic I do not look at the person who reflects their opinion with the opposite view as the enemy. We are not 20 years old here. We have gone through life and should respect one another.