View Single Post

Old 09-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There was an article in a paper (I don't remember which one, I don't even remember if it was a local one or not) back in early May about TooJay's closing shop. Not just ours but the entire chain. I'd love to see a REAL deli move in to that spot - was not fond at all of TooJay's pastrami melts. It was just boiled pastrami, not grilled as it should be. The grease should've been dripping down the side of my hand when I picked it up. Plus it wasn't thin-sliced, so if you took a bite, you'd end up with half the meat being yanked out from between the bread.

The knishes were okay. Not great, but okay.
Sorry but who grills pastrami?

It should be boiled with appropriate spices which will render out most of the fat.

After finished cooking let it rest and then slice very thin on slicing machine.

It tends to be kind of a fatty meat but dripping down the side of your hand is not a good thing.

Toojays had good burgers and chicken breasts, do not care for their style of knishes prefer a flatter square one such as Gabilla supplies but unfortunately will not ship here here and knishes at Publix is hit and miss and rather expensive (double what we paid in NJ).