View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,465 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
This is what “timeouts” and participation trophies get you.
Only the first of the three links gave any indication of the attackers' ages. The first was the video, and the woman looked to be in her 20's or 30's. That would mean hm - oh yeah. The age of your grandchildren. So - participating trophies and time-outs provided by people the age of your kids. Which one of you taught your kids that it was acceptable to provide time-outs and participation trophies to their kids? Cause the idea didn't come out of a zebra's butt.

Meanwhile, we don't know the ages of the other two. If one of them was in their 70's, would you accuse fox of reporting age discriminatory fake news? Or would you just accept that some people are screwed up in the head?

Are you so sure that participation trophies and time outs are the reason why some people act out? Are you really and truly sure? How many folks here have a relative over the age of 40, who has either been in jail, been in a fight, gotten a ticket for reckless driving, been accused of a crime, participated in any kind of protest at all, drove drunk (whether or not they got caught)...

How many of you even KNOW if you have a relative who fits the above criteria?

Believe me - it's not the result of participation trophies and time outs. I never got either and I did my share of acting out when I was young. For me it was a matter of "you and what army are going to STOP me from doing whatever I want?" Time out? Pfft. There's no lock on my door. Participation trophy? Screw that, I want to WIN. If I can't win, then I don't deserve a trophy. We used to get those in bowling league, I thought it was a huge waste of league money.