View Single Post

Old 09-15-2020, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTAP15 View Post
Most of the gals are banging their drivers 250 260. Seems like their length is fine. Except for 18, none of the holes seemed that short. They sure have gorgeous swings and are a credit to the game.
18 is designed to be a reachable par five. The problem is that it is a risk reward hole. There's a chance of hitting the ball in the water on all four sides, especially the pond behind the green. My point is that the LPGA took out almost all of the risk by erecting an artificial wall. I realize that they were trying to recreate the condition that existed when they had sky boxes there, but they didn't have to have sky boxes there either. There is room on the other side of the pond for sky boxes. They could still make money from those luxury boxes and maintain the integrity of the hole.

One of the thing that is interesting to me with regards to the length these women are hitting the ball is the disparity of length among the field. While the men seem to be within 20 yards of each other from top to bottom, there are women that hit it close to 300 yards and some that barely hit it 240. It's interesting that they are still all able to compete.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.