View Single Post

Old 09-15-2020, 04:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Have heard from several reliable sources that big changes are coming for the Reasonable Accommodation process on Championship Golf Courses. I suppose this could be a rumor but the sources I have heard this from are internal golf personnel who have been given this information at employee meetings. Here's the scoop:

Effective 1/1/21 current RA system is fazed out. In order to get similar privileges it will be necessary to get a Florida Handicap Placard with all that entails. No longer is it permissible to get walking relief on the golf course unless you are officially handicapped in accordance with State DMV rules. Despite the fact that I am physically unable to walk from Cart paths to Greens for 18 holes in the blistering sun I am still capable of walking from a non handicap space at a Publix parking lot to go to the front entrance. Therefore, I must be handicapped as defined by Florida DMV rules in order to drive within 15 feet of a putting surface (30 under the proposed rules). Basically this means I will have to either get my Dr. to falsify the degree of my walking disability to meet DMV Standards or quit playing golf in the friendly confines of TV. Additionally, I understand that restriction for proximity to greens and tees under the new system will be less advantages than at present.

Interested if anyone can shed further light on this subject.
If you need Dr to falsify Handicap DMV then you are not Handicapped !