View Single Post

Old 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that when people on here ask honest, up front questions with NO "political" or "emotional" biases, that most people honestly answer their requests or questions to the best of their ability; in a "good spirit" so to speak. And yet others seem to answer and then for some unknown motivation or reason, have to put some little dig, nasty, snarky, or sometimes just a word or two to add an emotional "emphasis" ? Do others out there see this in some of these replies ? Answering a perfectly logical and innocent question and then adding things like "germ spreaders", and many other such terms... it's kind of like answering politely then adding some kind of barb. WHAT motivates people like this.... any ideas ? I've seen the same thing happen if someone asks if a particular place is open. It's a SIMPLE question, but then I've seen people say things like (and this is a made up example), "Oh, yes, they're open.... IF you like a side of ventilator with your steak sandwich" ! What kind of people have to do things like that.... unfortunately, I know what this usually indicates. A range of things, but most are always linked to unhappiness. Hope one day this goes back to what it used to be, "barb and get-um" free !
I don't know. It is the truth. People do do that. That does happen. Maybe because people are so tired of the questions posed that answers have been given to. Or maybe because people are suspicious that once again we are going to have the same discussion over and over and over. There is only a very few who can and do rise above being sarcastic at times. Sarcasm is often the way some people keep from exploding perhaps? We almost all do it. The person to whom I am answering this question does it. We just can't see our own selves sometimes. We are not going to change anyone's minds. Some people just get all huffy because they are so damn fond of living. I really like living very much. Not ready to leave yet. Trying to stay away from things that will kill me. I do tend to be sarcastic but I haven't smacked anyone yet. But sometimes I am close............