View Single Post

Old 09-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
thank you for sharing & speaking your own mind-it's a rare thing these days. whether we agree or not, it's the free & open discussion that leads to ideas & peaceful solutions.
Yep, I am used to being disagreed with as long as it is based on facts and truths. We seem to have lost the art of discussing issues and simply lobbing personal bombs.

I love good debate, defined as factual, on issue and with respect for the one I disagree with.

I engage on line a bit with folks, since my living was working for a party nationally, and I understand what respect is. Some posters, here and otherwise, have no idea of what they are talking about and simply mouth what someone tells them to say.

My problem with social media, well one of them, is that they feed these lazy people with one track minds with crazy stuff, and frankly those folks do not even care about the country.....it is all about.....I gotta be a winner....not the country needs to win.

History has shown how that ends up and I take pride in speaking my mind because I have served this country in a number of ways, and love it, but detest that we are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the world.

I get in trouble by speaking my mind a lot, but how these folks can look at us and straight out lie and know it, is not something my parents ever taught me or would allow, and my wonder is those in my country who are allowing it to go on.

What is telling is that my comments here...straightforward, patriotic, honest will garner many complaints