View Single Post

Old 09-19-2020, 10:21 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I'm going to join Eustis Gun Club, it has pistol, rifle and shotgun ranges and is about 35 minutes from my house. When you get here join The Villages Straight Shooters Club, check it out their website. I currently shoot pistol and rifle bullseye matches the club holds at Shooters World. The club also shoots at Ocala Sportsman Association, about 30 minutes from where I live in McClure Village. I'm not a member of Seminole County Gun and Archery Club but shoot metallic silhouette matches there that Bill Hyde holds, however I am a member of the Chuluota Sportsman Club and shoot metallic silhouette there also. Shooters World has 39 shooting lanes. 9 lanes of 100 yard rifle range, the rest being pistol range. You can stay quite busy shooting in this area at the different ranges.
The Villages Straight Shooters also shoot at Esmeralda (outdoor) Gun Range in Eustis; it's about a 30 minute drive from southern end of TV. They do "Dueling Tree" competitive shoots and steel shoots where you're required to move along the targets.

The closest IDPA/USPSA/IPSC/SCSA range is the Volusia County Gun Club where membership is not required to participate in sanctioned events. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from southern end of TV. (Volusia County Gun Club – The Premier Shooting Sports Range in Florida / Firearm Classes & Instruction / Security School)

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle