View Single Post

Old 09-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Bikeracer2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
I moves here last year in July and was also shocked by the price of a new Yamaha golf cart. Even the used/refurbished ones are way over priced. So I called around to Yamaha dealers outside the "no compete" area enjoyed by the Villages. Bargain Carts in Haynes City about 50 miles south of here was selling brand new 2019's for $7,600. The 2020's were coming out in September so I waited a few months. Steve the salesman (only sales man) Called when the delivery truck brought the first 2020's in and told me what colors he had. I picked the blue color. He was nice enough to honor the 2019 price and delivery to my home was free. I had them add the Sunbrella enclosure for about $400. I added turn signal side mirrors from Amazon for 30 something dollars. The bucket seats that the Villages sell for $1,900 + tax that recline and move back and forth, I got somewhere else for $800 all in.

I figure I saved about $3,000 and I still picked my own colors and accessories.

From what I remember the 2021 Yamaha is now selling for about $8,000 + tax with free delivery.

What irritated me about the villages golf carts is they said they wouldn't do any factory warranty work on a new Yamaha if I bought it somewhere else. That's like a Honda dealership saying the same thing. Total bs.