View Single Post

Old 09-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
When you get quotes from The Villages Golf Cars and from outside TV, make sure the quotes are for EXACTLY the same features and accessories!!!! And make sure you compare the after purchase servicing!!! I know several people who “saved thousands” buying outside TV, but got much less in features and accessories!!!! They justified the outside purchase by saying “I didn’t real need those features and accessories anyway”. Good luck.
Good point. Country Village Power Equipment in Webster offered everything I wanted and needed except the self cancelling turn signals. I figured I did not need them and so far have lived without that almost $300.00 feature very well. Country Village Power offered the easy on/off snaps that I was not able to get at other dealers. These snaps are much easier to snap on/off than the ones featured at other dealers. I got the fancy "El Tigre" seats, the Sunbrella enclosure, the mirrors with the turn signals built in. seat belts (front and rear), golf bag carrier, cigarette lighter plug (cheap and recommend it), usb charger, cooler, flip down vented windshield, LED lighting, front overhead tray, and all the other accessories I wanted and saved over $3000.00. I also got my choice of color, white, which the Villages Golf Cars wanted to charge me $400.00 more for. Lastly, mine is a Yamaha factory four seater, not a two seater converted to a four seater. Not sure if it makes a difference but I felt more comfortable with the factory equipment.

As I mentioned in earlier post, couldn't be happier with the after the purchase service. They delivered my golf car to my driveway. They also performed the first scheduled maintenance in my driveway for $60.00, which I understand is much cheaper than the competition. I much rather have my golf car serviced in my driveway than to get a free loaner to drive around in while my car is being serviced somewhere else.

The Villages Golf Car did offer free use of a golf car anywhere in The Villages (I live south of 44). While it is a nice benefit, I realized that right now I would not be using it too often as the squares (etc.) are closed. Once the bridge over the turnpike is open, that offer is over according to what I was told.

Last edited by polirudb; 09-20-2020 at 07:30 AM.