View Single Post

Old 09-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
A total dog track. Do not play it period. It was our 6th choice. Fairways not cut greens at about a 5 speed rough very high to the point of losing golf balls. If they cared a real embarrassment to this community. So glad I didn;t have guests playing this piece of junk. One of the nines we played had been closed for a week! What did they do? Just tired of it all. Makes my decision to leave much easier. OK you Kool-Aid drinkers I'm ready for all the excuses.
I love The Villages. They seem to so many things so well. The pools are great, rec centers spotless. cart paths and roads maintained. beautification with flowers everywhere. When it comes to golf, they seem to have no idea what they are doing. Courses for the most part are poorly constructed, poorly maintained and poorly managed. The I find that the golf courses are used as flood plains when ponds get too high.

The conditions and overall quality of the courses in The Villages simply do not justify the prices being asked. But as long as they are making money things will not change.

This is hard for me to understand from a community that makes FREE GOLF the cornerstone of its marketing.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.