View Single Post

Old 09-21-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
A total dog track. Do not play it period. It was our 6th choice. Fairways not cut greens at about a 5 speed rough very high to the point of losing golf balls. If they cared a real embarrassment to this community. So glad I didn;t have guests playing this piece of junk. One of the nines we played had been closed for a week! What did they do? Just tired of it all. Makes my decision to leave much easier. OK you Kool-Aid drinkers I'm ready for all the excuses.
I have had numerous friends who have moved on to other parts of Florida from The Villages for this very reason. Most every year it is the same thing. In winter you think your hitting the ball a mile and you are as there is no grass on the fairways. An ambassador once told me TV is the only place you can play golf where you get tighter lies from the rough than you do on the fairways. In summer the courses have a tendency to get very wet and the greens are always slow. Always wondered why they almost never roll the greens. This is not hard to do. Then in the end it is very expensive even when you have a priority membership. If you take the cost per round and the fact that you are using your own golf cart, it is not cheap. Many of my friends, including myself play outside in the winter as the conditions are better and the cost is less. Ten years ago it was not as bad. They use to overseed for winter conditions but they stopped doing this. They said it was not good for the courses. Let’s face it, it’s all about the money. They need to hire professional greens keepers who know something about golf course management but this will never happen as they have a captive audience and every tee time is full. So, and I hate this expression, “It is what it is”