Thread: Watering Lawns
View Single Post

Old 09-25-2020, 12:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,360 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
You may like statistics, but I love technology. I have a Flume water monitor on my meter. Minute by minute, I can tell you my water usage. I know that my biggest zone uses just over 11 gallons a minute, my smallest uses 6. With 5 zones, 20 minutes a zone, it comes out to right around 1583 gallons per watering cycle. I have a CYV. I only run it once a week. That's 6600/month. I installed a hunter wifi controller that won't water if it's going to rain or be cold, so it averages a less than that as usually one of the cycles will get cancelled.

I also know that when a contractor parked his truck off the street and broke a head off completely, I never knew about it and the massive water bill was a bit of a shocker. I moved that head, but the Flume would have let me know anyway.
Have you heard the saying that you know that you have given great advice when someone gives it back to you? I have had Flume for years, two units, and one stream labs (for hot h2o). Back when I first posted about Flume people on this forum were amazed, glad to see the product is gaining wider acceptance.