View Single Post

Old 09-27-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Look at the Atlanta area which is where I’m going they have a thriving gay community so much to do. Part of the reason I’m going is this place is too expensive and not friendly at all. Taxes up 25% house bond 30% amenity monthly 200-240 and for what ? It’s not as easy as you think to do things here and everything you do costs money. To find out how the place works and they do a terrible job of that is a real estate newspaper called the Sun. The heat is unbearable and it costs a lot to maintain your house, cable WiFi,food, gas it’s very expensive here as are utilities.

In GA the day you get move in your homestead starts and they have seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry8bal View Post
YOU'LL BE SORRY!! It's not everything you see advertised about it.
Minority opinion noted. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

BTW, the amenity fee is about $155, NOT 200-240, and for that you get 38 exec golf courses, very neat landscaping in the common areas, 80+ neighborhood pools, dozens of Rec centers, community watch patrolling every neighborhood 3x/day and 3 town squares with nightly entertainment (yes, I know the amenity fee does not pay for the entertainment), all reachable in a golf cart.

Food is a bit more expensive than other areas of the country, utilities are cheaper, and WiFi is no more expensive than elsewhere

I have not witnessed any nasty homophobic behavior, although I'm sure there are some bigots lurking about. And unlike a post on another thread, there are no "rabid packs of angry old white men" roaming the streets

Rent for 4-6 months and try it out for yourself, you ARE welcome here!