Thread: Gasoline
View Single Post

Old 09-30-2020, 01:33 PM

I use ethanol free gasoline per recommendation from the The Villages Golf Carts where I purchased my golf cart. I had previously had bad experience with 10% ethanol gasoline in a weed whacker, chain saw and in our motorcycles. Both the weed whacker and chain saw had been stored with gasoline in them treated with Stabil and in both the fuel lines deteriorated and had to be replaced. For the motorcycles, I found that the gas tanks, which were plastic, had swollen. This wouldn't have been an issue except that the tanks needed to be removed to change the air filters. I did not not note any performance issues but I did see an increase in gas mileage in the motorcycle when I used non ethanol gas.

I buy the non ethanol gas from a WaWa near me as it is much cheaper than buying from The Villages Golf Carts. In my area the wawa is accessible by golf cart. I've seen the gas advertised as boat gas or recreational gas.

It is also important to note that the EPA is finalizing a rule to raise the allowable ethanol percentage to 15%. This will invalidate warranties for many engines including golf carts and motorcycles, many of which state no more than 10%. The AMA (american motorcycle association) has been opposed to this change.