View Single Post

Old 10-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

[QUOTE=mtdjed;1842925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To clarify, I think if you are a Comcast customer for Internet only, you still have a Comcast email account.

That does not sound right . I have a Hotmail (Outlook) Email account and have had it for years while using Century Link as my internet provider. Always set up rules under the Hotmail software. Just switched to Comcast and still have the Hotmail account. No changes because of provider. If I am at a hotel , It still is Hotmail no matter who the internet provider is.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that every Comcast customer has access to an email account. You can select a Hotmail email address (or any email address) as your login user name, but you are assigned a Comcast email address by default. It is a free service. Go to Xfinity.com on the internet and log in to your Xfinity account. Then, click on email and I think it will take you to your Comcast inbox that will probably show a bunch of emails from Xfinity. You can also register your Comcast email address on any email phone app (or Outlook) and view the messages on your phone. Also, I think you can keep the Comcast email service even if you cancel your Xfinity service altogether.

Note: if you use Outlook, you can view more than one email server. So, if you wanted to view the Comcast.net emails on Outlook, you would need to add an account to Outlook by storing your Comcast.net email address and your Xfinity password into Outlook as a second account.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-04-2020 at 07:01 PM.