View Single Post

Old 10-06-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcharlesnelson@gmail View Post
I see where Publix no longer requires a mask..too bad
For real? Now that is terribly disappointing and disturbing. Publix was one of the few places I'd leave my home for once a week to pick out produce and other groceries with relative safety precautions. Delivery options are inconvenient and unreliable.
There are many of us who are immuno/health compromised who are not willing to risk catching Covid as it could be a death sentence. I really do not want to get sick and I am not ready or willing to risk dying just to go out and have 'fun' around those who are too unconcerned or cavalier about doing their part to protect themselves and their fellow humans. I'm getting really tired of people's attitudes of "If you're scared, stay home." Like it's something we CHOOSE to do, when there is actually no other safe option.
I'm tired of medical/dental appointments being cancelled and not being able to get an appointment. I haven't been to a restaurant, rec center, square, hair salon, movie theater, party, on vacation, etc. since all this started. We keep getting invited to parties and keep turning them down, I even get pressured into hosting a get together when I have no intention of having a group of people in my house.
It is unfair of the anti-maskers to make fun of those of us who are trying to protect ourselves and each other. Studies have proven mathematically that wearing masks and taking other precaution measures are better than not doing anything at all. Until Florida and the rest of this country takes it seriously, this crap is not going to improve any time soon, and will probably get worse, at the very least well into next year. Maybe it could have been nipped in the bud early on, but that chance is long gone.
Frankly, I am more worried about people who lost their jobs and are struggling to put food on the table than I am about retired Boomers partying and drinking at the squares to get their live music fix. Good for them if they are healthy and risk tolerant. I just hope that if they do catch Covid they survive it and don't pass their viral germs to the rest of us. Whatever. It is what it is.
I'm just tired and stressed. Thanks for letting me vent.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."