View Single Post

Old 10-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear;184515m0
I’m definitely reading this book. But one question...

Would it be a good idea to read Hiaasen in any particular order? Or would it be okay to start with this latest one?

(Also, I hear you may not like the book if you like Trump. Do all his books make political statements? )
No particular order necessary. Skink is a recurring character, but this is the first time — I think so anyway — that Carl aged him. (I might be wrong about that. I’m no Marilou Henner— with that type memory. . .that I can’t remember the name of. )

Skink is an ex-governor of Florida who gave up politics and disappeared into the Everglades when he could no longer tolerate the b&@#&%i/. He emerges in the storylines when it is time to administer his unique brand of justice. Hiaasen fans are always glad to see the villains get what’s coming to them. Skink takes care of things in his own creative way.

If you go to carlhiaasen.com and click on the tab that says Books for Grownups, you’ll see all his titles.
He also writes books for young middle school age kids.

The first one I read was Stormy Weather. It’s about the types of cons who crawl out from under rocks after a hurricane. I think my favorite over the years was Skin Tight.

His books are not going to win any Pulitzers. They are just fun to read.

Boomer