View Single Post

Old 10-10-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
SECO Energy has informed us (via a door knocker) that we need to clear out the shrubs (hedge) that are in front of the transformer box that sits in the back of our property. SECO needs 10' of clearance in front of where the transformer box door opens and 3' on the other three sides of the transformer box. We will be hiring landscapers to do this job.

We were also told we need to clear 3 feet from the front and sides of our SECO meter which is located on the side of the house. We have to remove one shrub which is part of the hedge that runs along the side of our house to be in compliance.

We were informed that once we receive a letter stating that these shrubs must be removed, we have 30 days to complete the work. If we do not comply, our service may be interrupted. Have you been notified yet to remove shrubs in these locations on your property?
We were contacted by SECO regarding plants being too close (less than 10') to the box in the yard. We were later told only 3' clearance was necessary. I haven't heard about clearances around the meter. You may want to get clarification from SECO regarding exactly what equipment is referenced on your property.