View Single Post

Old 10-11-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Villages no longer has the $90K program going because they were actually competing against themselves and the New Homes in the New Areas. The attraction of the Historic Section is obvious to many people. The biggest attraction would be not having to pay The Bond. It's a FACT. If you build in the Historic Section there is NO BOND.

The building of new homes has slowed here in the last year or so but it is still possible. I have noticed single wide homes being removed and another company building beautiful 2br 2ba 1 1/2 car garage CYV'S without the wall surrounding. The homes are absolutely beautiful, absolutely expensive, and built at a slower speed by far than the way The Villages builds a home.

From the time the old unit leaves the lot you have 6 months to build your new dream home. Looks like many have slipped in under the wire. People have spoken in the past about the speed of a house being built is to fast and that it affects the quality of the product. I say that's not true. I would pick The Villages way of building any day.

I had a shot at what turned out to be one of the last Villages Program Houses and turned it down. Live and learn.