Thread: bed in a box
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I trust Consumer Reports and use it for most purchases of this type. It gives 85/100 (the top rated mattress) to the regular Avocado (and 79 to the more expensive version), but the regular model costs $1400. The Casper Hybrid is second choice, with a score of 83/100, and it costs $1200.

I bought a regular queen-size Casper about five years ago. I decided after a few nights that it was too firm. I had a king-size foam mattress topper, 2” thick, that I bought from Walmart fifteen years ago. I put that on top and trimmed it to fit. That solved the problem. Now I love the bed.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are in a box and so much more compact than a regular mattress, but they are still heavy foam. If you own a dolly to move the box to the bedroom, your problem is solved. You may need help getting it into and out of your car. If you don’t have a dolly, sliding it across the floor is hard work. The trucker who brings it might possibly bring it inside for you, but won’t take it to your bedroom or unpack it.

My girlfriend wanted a full-size mattress in a box for occasional use in her guest room. She didn’t want to pay $1,000 for a regular Casper. So I bought her a mattress-in-a-box from Costco for about $450. Getting it up the stairs to the guest room nearly killed me, but everyone who sleeps in that bed raves about how much they love the mattress. The price is great.
thank you so much for taking the time for detail option