Thread: bed in a box
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphague View Post
My wife and I started buying mattresses online about six years ago to save money. It has been a learning experience...all the mattresses start out feeling great, but after a couple years we are back to hurting when we wake up.

The bed in a box industry has changed. You need to figure out how you and your partner sleep, then get a mattress designed for that type of position. Stomach sleepers need a different firmness than back sleepers or they are going to start hurting, for example.

My son and his wife bought a Purple mattress due to the way they sleep. My wife and I bought a Wink mattress, which is a hybrid; it has both springs and foam. With Wink you can order a specific firmness for your size and sleeping position. It comes in a box as well. There was also no wait time for it to fully expand since the springs do that as soon as you unwrap it.

My recommendation: if this is a guest room mattress, go cheap on Amazon. If this is for you and your partner, do the research, figure out how much you can afford and buy the one that fits with a warranty that is honored.
thank you for the good advice