View Single Post

Old 10-14-2020, 12:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I heard that some people were snatching up tickets to the square music outings and throwing them away, just so other people can’t attend. Is this true? Are people really that petty and ignorant enough to do that? If you don’t want to attend these events, then stay home! I retired and moved here because of the wonderful amenities and activities that go on here. And Town square events was one of them. If you are childish enough to do something like that, then you have bigger mental issues than I can deal with. Stay home and dwindle away to nothing, you won’t be missed. We, however, have chosen to live life and enjoy it! I didn’t spend my entire life working and saving, just to sit inside and watch murder she wrote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
And you can prove that this is fake news? Please do!
I do not know the original poster. However, I was told the same thing about people getting passes and then deliberately not showing up. The person who told me this was at Brownwood last Saturday evening. He said at 7:00 pm there were less than 30 people inside the square. The person scanning in the tickets said it was a “sold out” show and stated people get tickets and not show up. I think in lawyer speak this would be anecdotal evidence that what is described is happening.