View Single Post

Old 10-14-2020, 05:01 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Works fine for me except I pay more for less and next year will really pay more.
Questions I will ask at the NSCUDD board meeting tomorrow ->

After hearing the arguments from District Staff concerning their proposal to provide land and buildings for our trash hauler, I am still not convinced that it’s the correct way forward for NSCUDD. It bothers me that we will spend $1.5 million to provide a place for Jacobs for the next 23 years that has previously cost us nothing. I would prefer that Jacobs own and operate their own location as they see fit. So, I would ask other board members to express their feeling on this perceived necessity for NSCUDD to provide land and buildings and convince me that this is the correct way forward.

It’s expressed in the contract that Jacobs will make a onetime Capital Improvements of up to $1 million to this property. But, no minimum amount is expressed. I would ask Jacobs to give us more details on the projected amount they will be spending. Surely, they have a good estimated amount in mind.

I would ask staff a question about the maximum $50,000 per year that Jacobs may be spending on covering expenses for this land and buildings. As I have seen expenses rise in the two years I have been on this board, I would hate to see this board encumber future boards with large costs in future years out to the year 2043. I would like to see some escalation in what Jacobs will pay even if that means near term years will not see any rebate paid to us based on the $50,000 per year max amount to be paid by Jacobs. It seems to me that in the short term Jacobs payments are OK to cover expenses but for the long term future NSCUDD boards may incur having to pay a lot.

click on the 10/15/20 NSCUDD agenda to read what I am talking about

VCDD Meetings/Agendas

If you have additional questions that I should ask, please let me know.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 10-14-2020 at 05:35 PM.