View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W View Post
The attitude of the senior instructors was horrible. They talked like they were scolding us. Just like in the PB100 video on Youtube that you are supposed to watch.

The four of us guys were trying our best to play and learn, and we just kept getting scolded. Just when we were on to understanding something, the instructor would start talking about some higher level nuance to show how knowledgeable they were.

Total confusion, combined with the scolding attitudes were a failure and I almost walked off.

My advice is to find a group of friendly people that want to learn, watch some Youtube videos on the gameplay, stretch out, be careful and have some fun.

DO NOT take the PB100 on court class.
I agree. I've played racquet sports for many years including racquet ball and tennis. I've run marathons and competed in triathlons. It does take me time to get the hang of things I'm not the fastest learner on the block. The instructor told me maybe I should think about another sport and not pickleball. Maybe he should NOT be an instructor was my first thought.